Chromium

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:17:04 UTC 2012

I'm sorry, i do not want contradict you but ... i haven't any AVC message
about Chromium although deny_ptrace is on (selinux-policy-3.10.0-95.fc17).
:)

2012/3/19 Tom Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com>

> On 03/19/2012 07:49 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > On 18.3.2012 21:38, Antonio Trande wrote:
> >> So to install this web browser you could try:
> >>
> >> # yum install  libsrtp
> >> # yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=fedora-chromium-stable install
> >> chromium
> >>
> >> This operation works for me in the same situation.
> >
> > It shouldn't be so ... the last time I cared about V8, we were careful
> > to keep version number below the one in the spot's repository.
>
> Someone broke the v8 in the F17+ repo, it is definitely higher than the
> one that Chromium wants and it is also miscompiled (at least from a
> "what chromium needs" perspective).
>
> However, I suspect that on F17, you're hitting two different bugs:
>
> 1) I forgot to increment the libjingle versioned Requires, so you need
> to make sure you also do yum update libjingle from my repo.
>
> 2) Fedora 17 has a new selinux boolean "deny_ptrace" which is enabled by
> default. Chromium (and Chrome) want to ptrace as part of how their
> sandboxing works. Unless you run (as root):
>
>   setsebool deny_ptrace=0
>
> Chromium is just going to AVC and segfault.
>
> ~tom
>
> ==
> Fedora Project
> --

*Antonio Trande
"Fedora Ambassador"

**mail*: mailto:sagitter at fedoraproject.org <sagitter at fedoraproject.org>
*Homepage*: http://www.fedora-os.org
*Sip Address* : sip:sagitter AT ekiga.net
*Jabber <http://jabber.org/>* :sagitter AT jabber.org
*GPG Key: 19E6DF27*