ARM as a primary architecture

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 02:54:36 UTC 2012

On 03/21/2012 07:00 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> ARM should most definitely NOT be approved as a primary architecture before
> all the requirements are actually met!

The dynamics of "when" are very much open to discussion, not to mention
"what" that will mean.  We need a path to get from secondary to primary.
  Whether it's designated "primary" at the end of that path or somewhere
in the middle is irrelevant- it's about getting ARM handled the Primary
Way (TM) during the journey.

> We have seen what happened when the EU took Greece's word on the promise
> that they'd eventually meet the Maastricht criteria. Let's not do the same
> mistake in Fedora!

What?

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com