ARM as a primary architecture

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:26:42 UTC 2012

>>> Well people couldn't live without "dumbphones" either so this is
>>> natural progress.
>>
>> They could. They had desktops or laptops. Most people would replace their phone in a day if it broke or were lost. A home computer? Weekend. Maybe next weekend.
>>

> Most people that buy smartphones today *do* have laptops / desktoĆ¼s.

Actually that is not the case, it might be the case in the western
developed world, but in the developing world in places like China,
India and Africa in most cases the first an only device that a user
has is a smart phone or tablet due to the fact it's low power, runs
off batteries and has wireless connectivity, I think you'll find the
sale of these style of devices in those places out flanks everything
else, they are selling 100s of millions of them.

Peter