RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:04:19 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 6:07 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
> Maybe a distribution of PandaBoards/R-Pi for every FAS account holder could
> help, any sponsor? :D

OLPC is starting mass production of XO-1.75 units, based on an ARMv7
Marvell Armada 610. School kids in Uruguay and Nicaragua will start
their school year with them, using a F14 ARM build. Peter Robinson has
been instrumental in making this happen (and of course thanks to all
the ARM porters).

We have free units for Fedora developers that are interested -- we'll
ship them for free anywhere in the world. The numbers are limited (we
are a non-profit), apply for units here:

  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program#FAQ

Some additional discussion:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2011-July/001661.html

In the form, you can state that your project is porting Fedora to
ARMv7 ensuring it runs great on XO-1.75 :-) and mention what packages
you're working on, or if you are or intend to be part of the Fedora
ARM porters team, state so. We're on the fedora-arm mailing list,
we'll know you :-)

F17 upgrade is coming midyear, which will give these units a big kick
in the pants in terms of performance. After that, we are cooking some
bold sw+hw plans for the future. All based on ARM.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions