ARM as a primary architecture

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 08:38:00 UTC 2012

On Mar 22, 2012 8:32 PM, "Michael Cronenworth" <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> Adam Williamson wrote:
>>
>> I would still like you to consider the question of whether this holds
>> for the Fedora case, though. Is Fedora as a project in fact suitable -
>> either in current implementation, or in terms of our self-definition and
>> long term goals - for this whole 'market' you are identifying as a
>> single entity? Are we in fact truly interested in producing code for
>> these content consumption devices? Is that what we're doing?
>

> The only way to measure this accurately, like anything else in Fedora, is
by the number of contributors. I will be looking to contribute to the ARM
project in some way in hope that I can one day replace my aging N900 phone
with newer, faster hardware and a real GNU/Linux image.

> Red Hat needs to get into the phone/tablet business: Red Hat Enterprise
Mobile!

I see that very unlikely IMO, you just have to look at the struggle for 3rd
place in the market, it's basically already killed MeeGo / maemo, webos ans
likely blackberry.

Peter