Fan switch on permanently

Jan Synacek jsynacek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 06:24:09 UTC 2012

On 03/24/12 at 01:42pm, Antonio Trande wrote:
> Hello.
>
> With my Acer Aspire 6930G happen that after an indefinite time, the fan
> starts to work permanently regardless of temperature.
> In this moment,  according to nvclock [1] the GPU temp is 43°C and the fan
> is on; strangely because it starts to work over 47°C all along.
>
> If i format the BIOS, the fan goes back to work only over 47°C.
> Infos: [2]
>
> I don't know if this issue depends on Fedora, but i wish understand its
> cause.
> Had someone a similar experience o an idea of what is it ?

Are you by any chance using nvidia binary drivers? I have a similarly sounding
problem on my home laptop using nvidia 8400m and binary drivers. It's described
here [1]. While it may not be exactly your problem, maybe it can provide some
pointers/hints.

[1] http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=9f6f6c4f2dcd351cecc8a7e890126229&t=148976

Regards,
--