Depcheck failed?

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 08:39:44 UTC 2012

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Jon Ciesla <limburgher at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Richard Shaw
> > <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Darn... I was hoping that wouldn't bite me :) I'm assuming I can
> >> ignore the error though? Or does it need to be fixed?
> >
> > Fix.  :(
>
> Which means I really need to bump the release in rawhide, right?
> There's nothing I can do to the f17 package that would cause it to be
> < the f18 package, unless killing the update is sufficient?

Hey, have a look here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AutoQA_tests/Upgradepath#Fixing_the_failures

which links here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Minor_release_bumps_for_old_branches

This way you _can_ update just a single branch. Use '.fc17.1' suffix. Of course you must know whether you want to do this (whether the fix is really not needed in rawhide). And since pushing to rawhide is easy... your choice.

PS: This test is called 'upgradepath', not 'depcheck'. See the headline in the results document.