ARM as a primary architecture

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 17:28:49 UTC 2012

> Any particular reason why you boot the thing via tftp?  I'd expect
> just having /boot on the sd card (which you need for boot anyway) is
> easier, especially when it comes to kernel updates.

I wanted the minimum on the sdcard (it just has the tftboot script)
because our build farm only has one local person, and he's not always
there.  With everything on the server, we can swap everything out,
power cycle it, and be done.

Remember, the iscsi volumes can be mounted on your regular desktop if
needed, to "fix" the image before booting the trimslice.

Plus, my way can use ancient tiny sdcards without worrying about space
or performance.