Booting Fedora from LVM with grub2

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 18:09:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 10:24 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:41:18PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > Perhaps, like Ubuntu's installer, the graphical part of Anaconda
> > > should concentrate on doing the simple stuff, and leave everything
> > > else to kickstart non-graphical installations.
> >
> > I don't think that would be a good idea, at all.
>
> Ummmmmm ... okay.
>
> Any particular reason?  Any other plans to make the current situation
> better?

Your mail didn't really go very far towards making the situation better,
though, did it? Saying that manual partitioning is 'full of bugs and
weirdness' without any actual description of any specific bug or
weirdness, or link to any bug report, is hardly a candidate for Most
Helpful Post Of The Year...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey