httpd 2.4 is coming, RFC on module packaging draft

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 18:32:32 UTC 2012

On 03/28/2012 12:56 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Joe, I am not sure how this effects SELinux labeling, if it does at all.

Afaikt this does not affect selinux in anyway since these are
configuration syntax changes for the most part.

If we take this example which is common as an default in various web
applications...

What used to be...

<Directory "/var/www/example">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

Will become...||

<Directory "/var/www/example">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
     Require all granted
</Directory>

etc...

So what we as an project will need to do, is to update our documentation
and maintainers will have to update default apache configuration  to
reflect the new configuration syntax for the application/package they
maintain.

Administrators will have to updated their apache configuration(s)
accordingly and or install the mod_access_compat module.

The new api changes can be found here [1].

JBG

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/developer/new_api_2_4.html