[Help Wanted]Build error on aplus-fsf

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Mar 28 20:25:40 UTC 2012

Jochen Schmitt wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I have some issues to build aplus-fsf via mock for the master branch.
>
> Because I don't have any idea to selve the existing issues, I have uploaded
> the build.log, the SPEC file and a patch to
>
> http://www.herr-schmitt.de/pub/aplus-fsf/
>
> It will be nice, if anyone can get a look on it to give me a hint to
> solve the build errors.
>
> Best Regards:
>
> Jochen Schmitt

I see one "error:" in the log:

In file included from ../MSTypes/MSObjectTypeVector.H:96:0,
                 from ../MSTypes/MSTypeVector.H:13,
                 from ../MSTypes/MSBoolVector.H:13,
                 from MSBoolVector.C:9:
../MSTypes/MSObjectTypeVectorInlines.C: In instantiation of 'MSObjectVector<Type> MSObjectVector<Type>::operator[](const MSBinaryVector&) const [with Type = MSBool]':
MSBoolVector.C:41:16:   required from here
../MSTypes/MSObjectTypeVectorInlines.C:90:33: error: 'compress' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
../MSTypes/MSObjectTypeVectorInlines.C:90:33: note: declarations in dependent base 'MSBaseVector<MSBool, MSVectorModelAllocator<MSBool> >' are not found by unqualified lookup
../MSTypes/MSObjectTypeVectorInlines.C:90:33: note: use 'this->compress' instead

Have you tried following its advice?