ARM as a primary architecture

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 01:20:57 UTC 2012

On 28 March 2012 19:13, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 07:23:48PM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
>
>> In the future, ARM systems will transition increasingly to UEFI. Many
>> ARM server systems will likely eventually boot with ACPI as well. They
>> will smell like low-energy alternatives to PC servers over time, and in
>> another decade or two something more exciting than UEFI will replace
>> UEFI and folks will mail about how things were better with UEFI!
>
> Oh no. Nobody's seriously considering UEFI ARM platforms without ACPI,
> are they?

Somewhere in Northumberland in secret bunker deep below the surface....

Developer 1: What can we do to break this Matthew?
Developer 2: I don't know we tried BIOS settings, we tried ACPI and we
tried UEFI. This man is unbreakable.
Developer 3: Have we tried ARM UEFI without ACPI?

{fade out to cackling evil laughter.. as it is revealed that Developer
3 is Alan Cox}

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd