Booting Fedora from LVM with grub2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Mar 29 07:16:15 UTC 2012

Am 29.03.2012 09:00, schrieb Paul Howarth:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:16:25 +0200
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> maybe the tone was minimal rude because i do absolutely
>> not understand why anyone can have the idea "hey let us
>> remove the whole custom partitioning and replace with
>> kickstart only" to solve problems with it
>
> That's not what I understood from Adam's description, which was:
>
>> It's worth bearing in mind there's a giant anaconda UI rewrite still
>> pending, which entirely redesigns the storage configuration GUI. One
>> of the other major changes is that it makes all installations
>> kickstart-driven. The GUI will just produce a kickstart file, which
>> anaconda will then process to perform the actual install.

see the mail below

yes, i confused Adam and Richard because both @redhat.com
and both spoke about Kickstart, and this message
below is as clear as it can be and matches 100% to my
answer - my reply to the wrong person was the result
of reply not instantly and try to wait what happens

-------- Original-Nachricht --------