Meeting minutes FESCo (2012-03-26)

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 12:29:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:16:30AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 21:17 +0200, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>
> Could I suggest that, if FESCo is going to have a different chair each
> week, you at least have an SOP for arranging the meetings, so that this
> kind of thing is done consistently?
>
> Just in the last two weeks we've had a FESCo meeting announcement with
> an empty topic, and now a minutes post with a different subject from all
> the previous minutes posts (the 'standard' appears to be "Summary &
> minutes for today's FESCo meeting (XXXX-XX-XX)") and with no text but an
> *attachment* of the meetbot summary.

Sorry, but I really do not understand your problem. I have never had a
problem recognizing the "meeting notes" email. The same for parsing its
content. (Actually, I haven't even noticed that the subject is not
always the same...)

If it is really so important that the structure of that email is always
the same, without a sligthest variation, it should be sent directly by
the bot, without any human intervention. Period.

Or do we really need a policy/process/guideline for _everything_?

D.