How to proceed with MiniDebugInfo

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Thu May 24 07:28:16 UTC 2012

I'm at a loss to how to proceed with the MiniDebugInfo work. I have
patches to rpmbuild that creates the compressed minidebuginfo putting
them in the main binaries, and I have patches to gdb that reads the
compressed debuginfo on demand.

However, the whole thing is useless unless we agree that we want to
enable this by default. It seems some people like the idea, whereas
others disagree that its worth the increased binary size. It doesn't
look like either side is gonna be able to convince the other side, so
how do we get to a decision here?