Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Heiko Adams heiko.adams at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:56:41 UTC 2012

Am 01.11.2012 15:41, schrieb "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":

> We ( QA community ) would benefit from a longer release cycle since we
> need more time to properly test "features" and other vital components
> and arguably the QA part of an feature should FESCO delegate to QA
> community to oversee and handle...

Maybe we should think again about switching to a roling release models
for Fedora stable. This would IMHO have some benefits to the whole
community.

It would allow dev to take the time they need to develop new features
like the anaconda rewrite and push them to stable when "it's done"
without getting into trouble with the release schedule. On the other
hand Fedora releases would become just a regular snapshot of Fedoras
stable repository. So QA could focus on testing new features *before*
they are pushed to the stable repository. And last but not least Fedora
could stay in sync with major upstream projects.
--
Regards

Heiko Adams