Rawhide

Michael scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Nov 5 14:26:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 10:45:00AM +0100, Dodji Seketeli wrote:
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> a écrit:

> > Additionally, if some number of these folks who pledge to run rawhide
> > full time were provenpackagers we could just go in and fix things as
> > they hit (or soon after) instead of waiting a while for fixes to go
> > out.
>
> [+1] + vigorous nodding.

Having proven packagers using more their powers seems a good idea in the long run.
( work for the perl-sig, worked for years for Mandriva, and I think if there is issues, this
could be deal on a case per case basis  )

>   - I'd add, having a way for some provenpackagers of the Rawhide Swat
>   Team to temporarily blacklist a (set of) package, if it appears to
>   significantly break something; so that people doing yum update on
>   Rawhide won't brick their system because of well know issue waiting to
>   be solved.

Technically, that could be done by reusing bodhi and enough person to give -1 karma.

Another solution could be a yum plugin that will get the blacklist from the wiki or
somewhere, or that would pull it from fedora-people whatever.

--
Michael Scherer