Revamping the non responsive maintainer process

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 08:52:38 UTC 2012

Dne 6.11.2012 16:40, Marcela Mašláňová napsal(a):
> On 11/06/2012 04:32 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 11/06/2012 01:07 PM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>>> Oh no, you are top posting again ;-)
>>>
>>> Could you create fesco ticket for this package? I proposed usage of
>>> the script in Johann's ticket
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/967#comment:7 Imho it might be
>>> better to give acl to more people, then only punish developers.
>>
>> If that's the plan why not drop the ownership model ( a.k.a dictatorship
>> model ) all together so everyone can contribute to every package?
>>
>> If the answer to the above is no we cant/wont do that then we need
>> proper cleanup process "to punish developer" as you put it failing to
>> understand that packagers/maintainers aren't' the only one in the
>> community dealing with packages ( QA,Releng,Infra etc )...
>>
>> JBG
>
> The "dictatorship" is there to safe us from reckless changes.

If you want to be sure, there should be some code review tool in the
process, which would allow pear reviews of commits, e.g. if approved
packager commits something into package he does not own/maintain, the
commit would need to go through peer-review, but any other packager
could be the peer.

Moreover every reckless change can be reverted.

Vit