raising warning flag on firewalld-default feature

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Nov 12 19:25:29 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Miloslav Trmač <mitr at volny.cz> said:
> - Much easier access to higher-level (and more efficient!) data
> structures.  C programs frequently use linked lists instead of e.g.
> hash tables simply because maintaining hash tables and the associated
> memory allocation is just too complex.

Hash table management was a part of my computer science core curriculum;
it isn't _that_ hard.

Also, for C programmers, there's standard library hash management
functions that are easy to use (never try to re-invent the wheel!).  See
"man hcreate_r" (although it is unfortunately just a GNU extension to
have multiple hash tables).

Now, given that, I still write most of my system admin stuff in perl.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>