[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Beta Test Compose 8 (TC8) Available Now!

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 13 21:57:56 UTC 2012

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> On 11/12/2012 09:36 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> FESCo decided the benefit to always having mini-debuginfo
>> available outweighed the downside of increased space.
>
> I see done to making abrt atleast somewhat usable

The ABRT developers have said very clearly that that debugging information
is not useful to them because it's insufficient and that they'll be
downloading the full debuginfo anyway.

MiniDebugInfo contains only symbols, no line numbers (those would be much
worse bloat!), no way to get function arguments etc. You get very crappy
backtraces with only MiniDebugInfo.

        Kevin Kofler