Fedora 18 Beta Go/No-Go Meeting, Thursday, November 22 @ 20:00 UTC (3pm Eastern, 12pm Pacific)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 16:34:16 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 08:14:08AM -0500, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > Btw. Thanksgiving conflict is known, but we decided not to move
> > Go/No-Go to Wednesday because of limited time for testing, let me
> > know in case of (strong) objections.
>
> I really think having this meeting during the second largest US
> holiday
> is a very poor idea, especially since almost everybody working on
> anything we're likely to decide no-go for is in the US, as are many
> of
> the people whose views will be needed.

Well, the question was if we want to try to shoot ourselves to the
knee or not (on yesterday's QA meeting) - so if it makes sense to try
on Thursday or give up, move Go/No-Go to Wednesday and... And as
we are late with RC but blocker bug list does not look as bad to not
to try it and this one day could make the difference :(

> Also note that even if they can show up /sometime on Thanksgiving
> day/,
> which is unlikely enough to begin with, many if not most families
> celebrate with a mid-afternoon meal.  That's right where this meeting
> is
> scheduled for.

Ops, sorry - I'm European, I don't have a clue how Thanksgiving
looks like - if we want to stick with Thursday, could you
recommend better time (some people are willing to be around) to
avoid the clash?

R.