raising warning flag on firewalld-default feature

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Tue Nov 20 20:39:27 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 01:39 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> " Interpreters do not preclude simple data: they just scale better, from
> simple linear declarative data to complex, Turing-cranking swamp.
>
> The problem is that, this design makes complex things possible but it
> doesn't do enough to keep simple things easy.

It can be made simple, if you look at it the right way. One wouldn't
start with a generic interpreter, but rather evaluate the config script
in a domain-specific context. For instance we can define domain-specific
commands: the following could then be a valid script in Python, Perl,
shell, TCL, etc:

UUID "5a2541d6-f610-4455-9169-614971541b64"
NM_CONTROLLED "yes"
BOOTPROTO "dhcp"
DEVICE "em1"
ONBOOT yes