Self Introduction

Edward Mann e.dev at edmann.com
Tue Nov 27 19:57:18 UTC 2012

On , Edward Mann wrote:

> I would like to be the maintainer for
the Enlightenment e17 for Fedora. I am sending this e-mail to seek
guidance and also a sponsor. Getting e17 on Fedora i will need to build
and install the following packages

> eina - Core data structure
library.

> eet - Data encode/decode and storage library.
>
> evas
- Canvas and scenegraph rendering library.

> ecore - Core mainloop,
display abstraction and utility library.

> embryo - Small Pawn based
virtual machine and compiler.

> edje - Abstract GUI layout and
animation object library.

> efreet - Standards handling for
freedesktop.org standards.

> e_dbus - Dbus wrapping and glue layer
library.

> eeze - Device abstraction library.
>
> elementary -
Elementary, the widget set...

> emotion - Emotion, video and audio
codec API...

> ethumb - EThumb, thumbnail generation library...
>

> eio - Eio, async I/O library...
>
> and finally
>
> Enlightenment
17 - The Window Manager and Desktop Shell.

> I also build
Terminology a new terminal emulator based on the efl libraries. I
currently build these on a local vm and have a repository setup on my
website. I tried to use Koji however seeing that the required packages
needed to build e17 are not available i cannot build using Koji, or i
don't know how to do the builds. I would need to work my list down in
the order i have because eet depends on eina. So eina would need to be
build first then it's dev packages installed. Then ecore depends on the
packages listed above it.

> On my local machine i wrote a script
that would build a package, install rpm and dev rpm then move on to the
next package. I am not sure how i would do this with koji.

> I look
forward to feedback on this.

> Thanks.

I should have added something
about myself. I am married with 2 kids gave the dog to a friend, wife
likes cats. :-D I enjoy scuba diving, not much since the kids, and
Christian apologetics. I have been using Fedora since it first came out
and was running RedHat Linux before that. I work as a software developer
and Unix/Linux administrator. As well as doing VMWare administration. I
do small consultant jobs to keep me exposed to using Linux in different
settings.

Well that should do it.

Thanks.