Nvidia driver in F18?

Erwin Waterlander waterlan at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 30 10:58:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

Has the Nvidia driver been improved in f18?

I have an Nvidia GeForce GT220. When I upgraded from f14 to f16 and then
to f17 I had to go through a lot of trouble, because Anaconda gave me a
black screen every time between 1 and 5 minutes. I had to do many
reboots to continue the installation. I lost my data because of this, a
few evenings and got a lot of frustration.

Finally I managed to get a stable f17 by installing the driver from
nvidia.com, but I'm afraid that Anaconda will use its own nvidia driver
and I have to go through the trouble again when I upgrade to f18. If
that is the case I will stick to f17.

A bit of googling on the words 'fedora black screen' shows this is a
known issue since f15.

regards,

--
Erwin Waterlander