Self Introduction

Edward Mann e.dev at edmann.com
Fri Nov 30 23:58:10 UTC 2012

I have created new Fedora 18 Beta repo. This repo has both x86_64
and i686 in it. You can install via my repo rpm

yum install
http://www.edmann.com/Enlightenment/repo/Fedora/18/enlightenment-repo-0.0.3-1.fc18.noarch.rpm

And then try out enlightenment. I tested the x86_64 i just have not
had time to do the same with the i686.

Let me know if things do not
work.

yum install enlightenment terminology e_modules-engage

I added
more depends to the enlightenment spec to hopefully resolve some install
issues. After testing i will see if i need to add more.

Thanks

On ,
Edward Mann wrote:

> I have signed the packages and updated my repo. I
have also created a rpm to install the repo config and the gpg pub key.

http://www.edmann.com/Enlightenment/repo/Fedora/17/x86_64/RPMS/enlightenment-repo-0.0.2-1.fc17.x86_64.rpm

> I also built a new 17 test machine to test out the install and
found that selinux will prevent enlightenment from starting up on the
initial startup. I put it in permissive mode and it was able to start. I
put it back to enforcing and it worked fine, then restarted with it in
default enforcing and i was still able to get into e17.

> I am
building 386 and x86_64 fedora 18 beta machines and will run the builds
on those as well. I will update with the new repos.

> For libeio i
ran yum install enlightenment eio and it pulled the package from my
repo. I will do some more testing on this with the 18 boxes.

Thanks

> On , Rudolf Kastl wrote:
>
>> the crash happens because
of a collision with libeio which is in the fedora main repository.

>> 2012/11/29 Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com>
>>
>>> After yum install
enlightenment running enlightenment_start makes it crash:

enlightenment_start
>>> E - PID=22138, valgrind=0

/usr/bin/enlightenment: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libedje.so.1:
undefined symbol: EIO_MONITOR_FILE_CREATED

Kastl <che666 at gmail.com>

repository up id really welcome if you could sign the packages in your
private repo.

<che666 at gmail.com>

paste does not work for me.

baseurl=http://www.edmann.com/Enlightenment/repo/Fedora/$releasever/x86_64/RPMS
[6]

PM, Edward Mann wrote:

> [...]
maintainer for the Enlightenment e17 for Fedora. I am sending this
e-mail to seek guidance and also a sponsor. Getting e17 on Fedora i will
need to build and install the following packages eina - Core data
structure library.

it)

library.

Core mainloop, display abstraction and utility library.

object library. efreet - Standards handling for freedesktop.org [1]
standards. e_dbus - Dbus wrapping and glue layer lib

eo and audio codec API... ethumb - EThumb, thumbnail generation
library... eio - Eio, async I/O library...

think any of these are in Fedora, so they'd be a great place to

start. Let me know if you need any changes to the four packages I
own,

==

had searched the packages, however i realized i needed to go one more
page in the package list to find those that you own. E17 currently needs
all packages to be at the 1.7.2 release. The Enlightenment team plans on
keeping them all at the same version number even if some packages have
no changes. You probably already know this.

remember removing libeina when i installed my build of eina. If we can
get libeina up to 1.7.2 then i will adjust the packages to look for
libeina and not eina.

website http://www.edmann.com/Enlightenment/repo/Fedora/17/ [2]

name=Enlightenment for Fedora $releasever

baseurl=http://edmann.com/Enlightenment/repo/Fedora/$releasever/X86_64/RPMS
[3]

[Enlightenment - Sources]
$releasever

baseurl=http://edmann.com/Enlightenment/repo/Fedora/$releasever/SRPMS
[4]

i386 packages. Not sure if that will be needed, but people might come
across it and want those. I will also do 18 beta as well.

premature for me to do right now?

Links:
------
[1] http://freedesktop.org