Any progress in Software Center in Fedora effort?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:39:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...] There needs to be web design, web
> application coding, processes for getting applications in and
> approved, servers and disk space for this. Those are the hardest part
> and it is a blocker because if no one is around to keep a service
> going and growing it quickly becomes run by cargo cult.

No one but Tim asked for a web based solution. We don't need an
application submission process either, just present the applications
we have in a more usable manner (i.e applications not packages).
The code for a native application support is mostly there. People that
want to maintain this code are also present.
What is missing is generating the required metadata (which requires
support from the infrastructure team).