Use of a package?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 18:02:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 01:29:04PM -0400, Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> I'd be nice if there was a way for the client to report what
> packages they have installed (voluntarily, opt-in of course)

Debian have a nice system called popcon which essentially does this.
You voluntarily install the package ("popularity-content").  The
results are available here:

http://popcon.debian.org/

It's a bit different from (my understanding of) smolt, because it
tracks packages that are installed and uninstalled over the life of
the operating system.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top