replacing rsyslogd in minimal with journald [was Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes]

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:35:16 UTC 2012

> With the feature I am planning to propose for F19:

Which in essence is the same as I proposed for F18 ( Although for
completely different purposes ).

There was absolutely nothing preventing this feature having been
accepted and those changed being made this release cycle ( and reverted
if necessary by beta ) allowing for once us in QA to work ahead of us in
identifying bugs shortcomings and what not but hey let's introduce not
even alpha quality ready installer into the release which under normal
circumstances would be postponed to F19.

It's going to be interesting indeed to see the same people vote against
their coworker vs community member and after Fedora 18 being released
thus those changes off the RHEL7 radar which seem to heavily dictated
Fedora's release cycle during the releases Red Hat chooses to base it's
RHEL release upon.

Yes there are times that I truly feel the entire feature readiness
process should be entirely managed by the QA community.

JBG