f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 08:49:47 UTC 2012

Dne 16.10.2012 18:06, Jesse Keating napsal(a):
> On 10/16/2012 08:53 AM, Dario Lesca wrote:
>> If this feature is not included then you can not update F1[0-7] on
>> systems that have used LVM / RAID: all my PCs and laptops.
>
> Anaconda no longer handles upgrades, so this isn't a concern.

Oh come on. I have LVM and luks on my system with different versions of
Fedora. I want to install Fedora into newly created partitions, but I
can't, since Anaconda does not display the LVM volume label, so I don't
know what is what, nor let me unlock luks partition.

Upgrade would be if I want to move from my F17 to F18, but I want to
install them side by side (which is not upgrade) and that is not possible.

Vit