HEADS-UP: Transition to guile-2.0.x and a new compat-guile1.8 package

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 22:49:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 09:55 +0200, Jan Synacek wrote:

> Anyway, I think that neither of those solutions is far superior in any way.
> Maybe I could drop all the renaming in the compat package and make it conflict
> with guile-devel, but that there seems to be no agreement on whether it is or is
> not a good solution.
>
> So, if nobody really objects, I'm going keep the current solution.

For the record, I don't object. I think my way is The Right Way, as we
all do ;), but you're correct that there really doesn't appear to be a
consensus, and it doesn't seem like most people really _care_. So maybe
this should just be left to packager discretion, I dunno.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey