Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 18:08:03 UTC 2012

It's time somebody asked this, so ...

Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> writes:
> What is missing from TC6 and will be added in the next build is the
> ability to choose to reformat the partition. If you do not want to
> reformat it, this is not a problem for you.

It appears to me that anaconda is months away from being shippable.
It's still got major features that are incomplete (one example above,
but there are more), and I don't seem to be able to do anything at all
with it without hitting serious bugs.

How is it that we're even considering shipping this version for F18?
For any other package, we'd be telling the maintainer to hold off
till F19.  The rest of us don't get to be doing major feature
development post-beta-freeze.

			regards, tom lane