F17: DirectFB

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Thu Sep 6 19:50:22 UTC 2012

Trying to run directfb on F17 I noticed 5 issues:

    1) libdirectfb_vdpau.so: undefined symbol: XUnlockDisplay  (Bug 852740:  fixed)

    2) Unable to run DirectFB as a normal user  (Bug 852745:  open)

    3) permissions on /dev/tty* and /dev/fb* not set by udev  (probably should be addressed and fixed under Bug 852745)

    4) inteldrmfb driver emulation of fbdev interface incomplete  (Bug 853268:  open)

    5) directfb needs updated to 1.6.1  (no bug yet)

I tested the fix in Bug 852740 and that bug is fixed in 1.5.3-8 in F17 although the other errors still keep directfb
from working.

Is there anything else I can do to help test and get directfb upgraded to 1.6.1 and working for both regular and root users?

Gerry