Rawhide boot problems

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Sep 7 17:19:17 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 11:00:07 -0600,
   Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 11:51:57 -0500
>
>I'd like to propose the opposite:
>
>Lets drop any inheritance between branched and rawhide.

Will that really work as expected? The way we do branching has builds
effectively move out of the rawhide branch. So that rawhide would end
up not including packages that hadn't been rebuilt since the last branch
event.

Maybe if we coupled this with mass rebuilds just after branch along with
a good job of fixing FTBFS, this could be made to work reasonably. But
that's a lot of effort (and rawhide disruption during the branch) that
I think we'd have trouble doing.

If we want to get draconain about forcing rawhide builds (which I don't
feel strongly about), then I think a better route would be enforcing
rawhide versions being after any versions accepted by bohdi for a package.
(There are complications here as well, but they are probably managable.)