Network configuration future

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Sep 7 19:49:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 13:23:37 -0500,
   Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

>That's NM's heritage, but that's certainly not its focus.  We're
>actually focusing a *lot* more on enterprise use-cases these days,
>including lots of knobs that admins like to turn.

Is there a good source of documentation for these knobs? About a month ago
I was looking for a way to force specific settings in /etc/resolv.conf
when making wireless connections (to use a local caching resolver and
a fixed domain search list), and just happened to find that NM used
dhclient-$ifname.conf instead of dhclient.conf (somewhere other than
a documentation page found using google).