upstream wants me to rename my package

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 03:40:05 UTC 2012

On 9/9/2012 2:03 AM, Gary Gatling wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I decided to ask if he would be willing to add an epoc tag as Ken
> suggested or be willing to become a maintainer or co-maintainer. I think
> he just continues to insist that rpm work in a way its not designed...
> (Have two versions of the same software thing on a box)

Point him to the MPI packaging guidelines.  They are nothing more than
all the things that have to be done in order for more than one copy of
the same software to be installed at the same time and coexist
peacefully.  Unless you have a dire need for it, it's a royal pain in
the ass.  And have him read the openmpi spec file too, it really
exemplifies how ugly this stuff gets.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>