Rawhide boot problems

Harald Hoyer harald.hoyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:02:43 UTC 2012

Am 12.09.2012 13:25, schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:50:15 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it already help if the build system would just refuse to
>> build newer versions in branches than which are in rawhide at that
>> moment?
>
> That would be dangerous with regard to security fixes, for example.
> Rawhide buildroot contents could cause a build to fail whereas submitting
> the same build job to a stable branch may succeed.

Well, it did not help in the systemd case

systemd-188-3.fc18 < systemd-188-3.fc19

where as systemd-188-3.fc18 has another fix in than systemd-188-3.fc19 has.

But in general I am all for the idea of not permitting newer packager versions
in older distro version. These happened too often in the past, where we had for
example newer versions in F14 updates than in F16 release, which horribly broke
updates. The only solution for this, is to only allow updates with