[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha is hereby declared GOLD

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 20:27:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 17:07 -0400, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> At the F18 Alpha Go/No-Go Meeting that just occurred, the Fedora 18
> Alpha release was declared GOLD. F18 Alpha will be released Tuesday,
> September 18, 2012.

It's been suggested that we should stop using 'GOLD' when talking about
Alpha and Beta, and I think this is right. Only final releases should be
said to have gone 'gold' - this is how the term is generally understood,
and using it for Alpha and Beta releases confuses people as to their
status. Jaroslav, what needs to happen for the term not to be used for
F18 Beta and future Alpha / Beta releases?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey