Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Sep 17 23:36:38 UTC 2012

Álvaro Castillo wrote:
> others doesn't like it, ok, but a who doesn't like it, not affect on your
> navigation, can ignore this.

That's just not true. Tapping affects the users who don't want it in 2 ways:
1. If the user actually uses the touchpad, he/she ends up accidentally
clicking when just trying to move the mouse pointer. This always happens to
me when I attempt to use a touchpad with tapping enabled and I curse loudly
at the broken setting.
2. Even if the user does NOT use the touchpad, he/she can end up
accidentally touching it and triggering a click. Without tapping, it only
triggers a harmless pointer move.
In both cases, tapping is most definitely NOT wanted and cannot just be
"ignored". It needs to be disabled and that ought to be the default.

        Kevin Kofler