New Anaconda and Mouse Buttons

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Tue Sep 18 22:55:02 UTC 2012

On 09/18/2012 02:20 PM, John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
>  > > PROPROSED:
>  > > on (button-1-press or button-2-press or button-3-press) of
> ok_button do:
>  > >      commit_changes()
>  > > end;
>  >
>  > I see two problems with this approach: it blocks forever any possibility
>  > of using multiple buttons in Anaconda, and makes it behave differently
>  > from the system it is about to install. I would prefer this:
>  >
>  > on (button-1-press or button-2-press or button-3-press) of ok_button do:
>  >   if (button-1-press) do:
>  >     commit_changes()
>  >   else
>  >     ask_if_the_user_wants_to_change_the_mouse_handedness()
>  > end;
>
> Very clever.  That would float my boat.

Glad you like it. It seems to be a fairly 'early-on' Anaconda
functionality change, so I am not sure what's the next step: feature
request? bug report? Could someone from the Anaconda or Fedora
engineering suggest the right thing to do?

BTW, if the user chooses to reconfigure the mouse in Anaconda, it
probably could be a good default setting for the OS, too.