Mono stack issues in Fedora 18 (Was Re: F-18 Branched report: 20120920 changes)

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 21:10:14 UTC 2012

On 09/20/2012 08:30 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
> ease requires clutter-gtk010 (okay, so we drop ease, but...)
> clutter-sharp requires clutter-gtk010
>
> All of the following packages require clutter-sharp in F18

I don't think any of these packages really need clutter-sharp. There
appears to be a packaging error so that the clutter-sharp package also
provides glib bindings, which is what was causing all the packages to
show up in your repoquery.

$ repoquery -q --provides clutter-sharp
[...]
mono(clutter-sharp) = 1.0.0.0
mono(glib-sharp) = 2.12.0.0

But nothing seems to depend on the clutter bindings:
$ repoquery -q --whatrequires 'mono(clutter-sharp)'
comes up empty.

--
Hope this helps,
Kalev