How can I best tie together "cloud" bugs in bugzilla?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Sep 20 21:49:06 UTC 2012

On 09/20/2012 01:27 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:25:46PM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>> I could make at tracker bug (in that case, probably one per Fedora release).
>>> Or, maybe an alias that could be added to the CC line.
>>> What's the best approach?
>> If it were me, I'd use a tracker bug.
>
> I see that there are a lot of such bugs under the 'distribution' component.
> The developer whiteboard is an option too, but unless someone comes up with
> a good reason why I shouldn't go with tracker bugs I think that's my
> preference.

Tracker bugs get unwieldy after a bit and generate a ton of email.  If
you modify the tracker bug in any way, everybody on any dependent bug
can get an email, and it can take a long time to chew through such
changes.  Also if you're on cc'd or assigned on the tracker bug and
anything happens to any of the dependent bugs (that you are also cc'd or
assigned or whatever on) you wind up getting two messages.  One for the
change to the dependent bug, and one from the tracker bug saying
something happened to the dependent bug.

Basically my use of tracker bugs filled my mailbox more than I wanted.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk