ABRT in the comps group 'standard'

Jakub Filak jfilak at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 21:30:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 20:06 +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jakub Filak <jfilak at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to add abrt-cli package to the comps group 'standard'.
> >
> > The package pulls core ABRT functionality for catching C/C++ crashes,
> > uncaught Python exceptions, Kernel oopses and VMCore processing.
>
> If -cli means no GUI, and thus no popups where the user can opt in to
> reporting data, what would the installed packages actually _do_ by
> default, without intentional configuration by user?
>      Mirek

abrt-cli is a virtual package which pulls all necessary packages for
detection of C/C++ coredumps, Python exceptions and Kernel oopses.
The package also pulls abrt-tui package which provides 'abrt-cli'
executable which allows users to list all detected problems, report
a problem, delete a problem and something more.

root user is notified about detected problems via email.

ABRT also provides "console notifications" shipped in
abrt-console-notification package. The package installs a small script
which prints a count of detected problems when someone logs in
to the shell.

Jakub