Unresponsive package maintainer policy change proposal

Jochen Schmitt Jochen at herr-schmitt.de
Sat Dec 7 12:20:17 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 07, 2013 at 11:44:47AM +0100, Mattia Verga wrote:
> Hello all,

> I think this kind of bug should not be filled against the single
> package, but something like against infrastructure. Also it should
> block all bugs assigned to that user.
>
> This can be useful if a user maintains several packages. This way
> all bugs receive a notification that the "unresponsive package
> maintainer" policy was started for that maintainer.
>
> For an example, I've just opened such a bug [2] for boinc-client
> maintainer that owns several other packages with open bugs and no
> activity since May.

What should happens, if the reporter of the nune-responsive maintainer bug only
want to takeover a single package, but the unresponsive maintainer owns
several packages?

But I can imagine, that there may be helpful to use the none-responsive
maintainer bug report as an blocker bug to all the bugs assigned to the
non-responsive maintainer. Therefore, We may need a special script to
maintain such sorts of blocker bugs.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt