FTBFS if "-Werror=format-security" flag is used

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Dec 10 02:00:04 UTC 2013

Adam Jackson wrote:
> Allow me to suggest something that really shouldn't be controversial,
> but probably is, because this is the internet: standards compliance for
> its own sake is not actually worthwhile.

Tell that to the GCC (especially g++) developers who keep breaking backwards
compatibility in the name of standards compliance. ;-)

The reason I don't like this proposed -Werror=format-security change is that
it breaks compatibility and removes functionality, not just standards
compliance for the sake of it.

        Kevin Kofler