[pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Dec 11 16:18:33 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 09:19 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

>>> Just a heads-up, christmas holidays are coming our way and our agenda is to push
>>> pkgdb2 in production as soon as possible after the release of F20.
>>>
>>> This means that if you want to poke at it, if you find bugs or have any RFE you
>>> should really do this as early as possible so that there is time to fix/improve
>>> before we release.
>>>
>> Wow, looks great in general.
>
> Thanks
>
>> I'd love to see a feature, where it's possible to search for
>> sub-packages as well. It would make many things easier.
>
> hm, the problem here is that pkgdb per definition does not know about
> sub-packages.
> What is the idea behing? Knowing the ACL on a specific sub-package or knowing
> generic information about a specific sub-package?

The idea behind is:

you have some application with an issue/error. You'll do rpm -qf
<filename> and will get a package name, not necessarily the source
package name.
When filing a bug against a package, you'll need to know the source
package name.

Since packages should know their sub-packages, this would be easiest to
link them both from here.

Matthias