pacemaker in Fedora and RHEL

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Dec 12 03:40:09 UTC 2013

On 11/12/13 06:36, Christopher Meng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if there are some reasonable explanations of package
> "pacemaker" in the repo.
>
> I checked the package and the result returned is:
>
> Fedora: pacemaker-1.1.9-3.fc20 in rawhide.
>
> RHEL: pacemaker-1.1.10-14.el6.
>
> The latest version is 1.1.11RC1(1.1.10 Final stable).
>
> Why is the package in Fedora behind the one in RHEL in spite of the
> maintainer of these two are the same people?
>
> Thanks.
> --
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Christopher Meng

Hi Christopher,

  I can't speak authoritatively, but I am willing to bet it's a couple
of things. There was a huge push to get 1.1.10 ready for rhel 6.5, there
has been a lot of work on 1.1.11 and Andrew's wife just gave birth, so
he's on vacation for a bit. I would guess that pacemaker on fedora just
didn't get to the front of the burner yet.

digimer

--
Digimer
access to education?