Help needed with systemd script

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 15:13:21 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-14 15:31, Mattia Verga wrote:

> Il 14/12/2013 15:12, Alec Leamas ha scritto:
>>

>> I really wonder if $DISPLAY is defined within systemd's execution
>> context.  IMHO, it shouldn't E. g.,  try adding
>>
>> exec &> /tmp/boincxhost.log
>> set -x
>>
>> at the top of your script. That should give debug output from the
>> script. I'd presume there is some error message when run from systemd.
>>
>> Or, I'm just plain wrong. Dunno :)
>>
>> --alec
> This is the log output:
> + xhost +SI:localuser:boinc
> xhost:  unable to open display ""
> + sleep 1

I. e., there's no DISPLAY defined when running the systemd script. I'm
not sure  there's any easy fix, perhaps some of the elderly have a hint.
You migh ttry to hardcode it (DISPLAY=:0 xhost...) but that would
probably lead to permissions problem (or timing,  are you sure the X
server is up&running when running this script? systemd's
parallellization have sometimes surprises ).

Sorry to bring bad news,

--alec

PS: Please don't top-post DS