Request Tracker v.4

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Dec 18 18:15:10 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 06:18 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> On mið 18.des 2013 16:48, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
>> I haven't seen anything related to Request Tracker v.4 on Fedora
>> sites. bestpractical.com claims it's a major update with lots of bug
>> fixes and improvements:
>> http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/whats-new/
That's marketing. Experience with rt tells BestPractical's marketing
needs to be read with caution.

>> What is the status---is anyone working on / planning to package v.4?
I am. Actually I have been continuously working on rt-4.0.x:

A pretty outdated version can be found in
http://corsepiu.fedorapeople.org/packages/

A more recent version package can be found on Packman:
ftp://packman.links2linux.de/pub/packman/fedora/20

ATM, I currently am locally testing a rt-4.0.18 rpm which I intend to
upload to fedorapeople.org + packman end of this week, ... if time permits.

I haven't looked into 4.2.x, yet, but I already know it once more will
require yet another lengthy series of perl-modules.

>> suppose it won't be a simple package upgrade given that the current
>> package is called rt3 :)
Correct. The initial idea was to make rt3 installable in parallel to rt2
and rt4. It used to be possible with rt2, but unfortunately, this plan
has failed with rt-4.0.x

> Ralf can answer the current status but for a long time it was stuck in
> review [¹]
rt4 was never submitted for review, because it's long dependency
requirement chains were stuck in Fedora review queues and absurdities.
In the end, I never managed to return to finish the plan to submit it.

> + and I guess he never said which Christmas in c14 ;)
Right ... an it's basically the same situation this year:

End of years my personal situation tends to become hectic and time to
become very rare, with BestPractical's and Fedora's habits to release a
major update next to end of year not being helpful either ;)

Ralf