Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-12-18)

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 19:48:58 UTC 2013

On mið 18.des 2013 19:18, Bill Nottingham wrote:

>> >Can we now assume that since FESCO has started fiddling with QA
>> >community process that it will handle all triaging from now on?
> FESCo handles issues explicitly raised to it. (In this case, it was reported
> that the message given on EOL bugs tells the reporter & CC'd users to do
> somemthing they don't have bugzilla permissions to do.)
>
> We have been working in the ticket with jreznik, who had been actually doing
> the EOL process. (Seehttps://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Fedora{18,19,20}.)
>
> As noted in the ticket, it was not FESCo's intent to take over any process;
> just work with the issue and with the people doing it. It's possible the
> reporter could have contacted bugzappers directly instead - in that case, it
> would certainly be useful for bugzappers' wiki page to have up to date
> instructions, rather than a seemingly defunct meeting.

The EOL process is extremely delicate process and if not the nr.1 cause
we continuously have lost new contributors in the past and continue to
lose new contributors.

Matt could have contacted the QA community directly instead of going
behinds it's back as well as FESCo could have chosen to redirected him
there instead of proceeding with the ticket and spend their time
focusing on something that falls within their realm to fix or decide upon.

JBG