Should redhat-release be versioned or unversioned?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Dec 19 04:32:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 20:00:12 -0800,
   Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

>Not sure what you mean, but it's kind of situational. There isn't a
>Single Global Rule on exactly how 'virtual' provides should be
>versioned, to my knowledge.

I was hoping there would be something that might describe how the version
and release should be split or if they should only include a version or
whatever. For example maybe the release should be everything after the
last dash.

The examples I saw didn't provide versions and the documentation was
pretty sparse. I didn't end up finding any useful guidance.